In December 2019, Dave was elected to serve as president-elect of the Wake County Bar Association in 2020 and president of the Wake County Bar Association in 2021. Dave is a past chair of the North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Section, having served as chair during the 2017-2018 bar year. He has been a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law since November of 2006.
Dave’s practice areas include: Equitable Distribution of Property (including Qualified Domestic Relations Orders – QDROs), Premarital Agreements, Separation Agreements, Absolute Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, and Alimony. He drafts QDROs for his own clients and for other attorneys that seek his assistance and has drafted over 250 domestic relations orders.
Dave holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Master of Economics, both from North Carolina State University, and earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in May of 2000. He was admitted to the NC State Bar in August of 2000 and is admitted to practice before all North Carolina State Courts, United States District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts and the United States Tax Court. Upon being admitted to the NC State Bar, Dave worked for Bell, Davis & Pitt, P.A. in Winston-Salem before returning to Raleigh in March of 2002 to start his own practice. In October of 2009, Dave joined Cheshire Parker Schneider & Bryan PLLC as a partner. Dave heads up the Holly Springs office of Parker Bryan Family Law, and he’ll meet with you there or in the Raleigh office.
In December 2019, Dave was elected to serve as president-elect of the Wake County Bar Association (WCBA) in 2020 and president of the Wake County Bar Association in 2021. In December of 2008, he was elected to a two year term on the Board of Directors of the WCBA and 10th Judicial District Bar. In 2009 and 2015 he served on the WCBA’s ad hoc Long Range Planning Committee. He has served a mentor in the Campbell Law School Connections Mentorship program since its inception. Since 2003, Dave has been serving on the Social Committee of the WCBA, serving as chair from 2012 to 2015.
In 2008 and 2009, Dave served on the Wake Family Court Rules Improvement Committee.
From 2010 to 2019, Dave served as co-chair of the legislative committee of the Family Law Council of the North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA). He served as chair of the NCBA Family Law Section during the 2017-2018 bar year. From 2003 to 2013 Dave served on the NCBA Lawyer Referral Service Committee and served as chair during the 2009-2010 year.
Dave served on the North Carolina Family Court Advisory Committee from 2011 to 2017.
Dave is Life Member of the NC State University Alumni Association and was selected to a four year term on the board of directors that started in 2020.
Dave has been recognized by his peers by being elected to Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite for family law in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and has been named has been named to North Carolina Super Lawyers 2017-2021.
Dave has been a speaker at the following continuing legal education seminars:
- “Domestic Relations Order Tips”, 2020 Wake County Bar Association Family Law update;
- “Trusts & Estates”, NCBA Family Law Fall CLE, 2019;
- “Till Death (or Divorce) Do Us Part – The Intersection of Estate Planning and Family Law”; NCBA Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section Annual meeting, 2018;
- “Legislative Update”, NCBA Family Law Section Annual meeting, 2016;
- “North Carolina General Statutes § 50-13.01 (Effective October 20, 2015)”, NCBA Family Law Section Fall Meeting, 2016;
- “Trust Issues and Marital Property”, NCBA 2015-2016 Family Law Intensive Seminar, 2015;
- “Legislative Update”, NCBA Family Law Section Annual Meeting, 2013;
- “A Primer on the New Family Court Rules” – sponsored by the Wake County Bar Association – held in Raleigh in February 2010;
- “Financial Divorce Settlements in Tough Economic Times – sponsored by National Business Institute – held in Raleigh in December 2009;
- “Equitable Divorce Settlements” – sponsored by National Business Institute – held in Raleigh in December 2008;
Dave is a member of the Wake County Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association and the American Bar Association.